Saturday, August 16, 2014

#2: Motherland (Hopworks Urban Brewery)

Name: Motherland
Brewery: Hopworks Urban Brewery (HUB)
Style: Russian Imperial Stout, 9.6%


What was I just saying about liking things that look like stereotypical Commie Russia propaganda?
I had high hopes for this one because I loved the label, and I love stouts, and I knew I could usually trust HUB to make a good beer. This one, however, was nothing special. I wouldn't quite say it was as boring as a communist's closet, but I wasn't impressed. It's a stout that doesn't stand out. It'll do the trick if you're craving a strong dark brew and this is the best one available, but this would never be the one I crave specifically.

Label: 4/5
Beer: 3.5/5


2 comments:

  1. Surely, the irony of using (stereotypical) communist iconography to drive sales is lost on no-one.

    ReplyDelete